The Social Value Wales – Social Value Charter
This voluntary social value charter aims to help capture the spirit of delivering social, economic, environmental and cultural wellbeing to Wales and to add to the reputational value of its suppliers. The charter applies to contracts predominantly below £50,000 where suppliers voluntarily commit to supporting the social value agenda in a proportionate way.
The Charter in Action
The charter is a voluntary code of practice which invites suppliers to offer what they see as fit and proportionate in accordance with the work they are carrying out, with some examples of what people have been doing listed below, which range from offering work experience and volunteering opportunities to sponsoring local sports teams and supporting food banks.
What people have been doing ?
- Mentoring and work experience opportunities for young or unemployed people
- Sponsoring local sports team or organising events and competitions
- Giving your time and expertise to support community projects
- Donating materials or loaning equipment to support community projects
- Supporting Staff or Communities to learn and speak the Welsh Language
- Employing volunteers giving them the opportunity to gain valuable work experience
- Planting and maintaining trees and shrubs
- Supporting / donating to food banks
Signing up to the Charter
To sign up please follow the link below to complete the registration process